Tuesday, June 24

Chugga..Chugga...

"I think I can, I think I can," said that adorable little train.

I've always loved trains. I can remember playing on the floor in our house many years ago...pulling my trian along, but every so often, the train would hit a bump. I'd say, "Chugga, chugga, chugga, uh-oh!" Down the train would go and I'd have to pick up all the cars, put them back together and start the train ride over again. There is also a book that I love to read with the kids, "It's Fun Where Ben's Train Takes Him." In this book little Ben loves to draw trains and tracks for his train. Then he pretends all day long in his room where his train goes. It goes through fields near cattle, through a huge city, past large animals. And then, the end of the day comes and it is time for bed. The time has come to say good night.

Today, I feel as though I am pulling a train along. But this time, it's different. I am Ben. I've been drawing that train, my perfect train. I've laid down the tracks. We've been going chugga chugga, and there is the occassional "uh-oh." I've been on quite a ride and I know that I am not the driver...as much as I'd like to think that I am. I have no idea where this train ride is taking me, or my family for that matter. We've been preparing for homeschool and I've been excited about it all, but today, this train has turned into a freight train... Going FULL speed ahead!

There is so much to be learned! And it's not just the three younguns that will be doing the learning! I have a habbit of trying to do too much all at once and maybe trying to take things into my own hands. I am the Conductor - the one who takes the tickets, treats the wounds, handles the paperwork, and my office is the caboose. God is our Engineer - the overseer of all our operations, keeping our locomotive running.

As for Ben, the time has now come for me to begin to head to bed. It is funny where this train has taken us. It is a wonderful ride and I hope you all are enjoying your rides as well.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I agree Sendy. It is often hard to leave things in the hands of our conductor. I think we are all continuing to learn how to do that. I have to continue to remind myself that I am not in charge. Its kind of freeing knowing that someone else will take care of us. We just have to step back and let Him do it!

Tereasa said...

Sendy, you are going to be just fine. You were made for this!!