Tuesday, February 23

She wanted a Heart

If you know me well at all, you'll know I LOVE hearts. When Jeff decided he wanted to look at rings, I mentioned to me him that if possible, I'd like to have a heart in the ring. He wasn't sure if there were any, so he wanted to go looking together.
This was fun! We first went to the mall closest to school. That was a mistake! The first place we went to, one of our friends saw us in there! Thankfully, we played it off and went on our merry ways. After that, we headed down to one farther away from campus, rarely visited by college students. We stopped by three places, I think, and looked at several rings. We had a few salespeople try to get us to purchase one, but that wasn't the goal.

Then, we came to the last place. I spotted the heart and showed Jeff. He found a wedding band he liked. We weren't sure how they could fit together but we liked both of them. Jeff said that was what he wanted to get. The salespeople there were so sweet! They thought we found the perfect fit and they found one last piece to make it a perfect ensemble. Jeff loved it and said that was it.

Here's the funny part, he sent me out the door to wait in the mall. He got the ring right then and there. He told me I shouldn't be around when he got it. He put it away and we didn't talk to anyone about getting it or anything. Now, it was just time to finish school and I had to wait for him to decide when to propose!

I was on pins and needles! I couldn't wait to tell our friends! But I couldn't. I wanted to look at wedding dress books and start dreaming again! My roommate actually asked me if we were engaged and I had to figure out how to get around that one. I don't think she ever believed me. ;) Our group of friends kept telling us all that we should just go for it and they all figured we'd be planning the wedding before school was out. For Jeff, talking to the dad was to come first....

That meant a trip home.

3 comments:

Holly Moulder said...

A walk down memory lane is always nice. :) I had forgotten that your ring was heart shaped. I remember being in awe of how beautiful it was. It's really cool that you are going back and putting your story in writing.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I don't remember if we were roommates at that point yet or not! Were you already engaged when we roomed together? I totally remembered the ring and I thought it was really neat how you found the shape you wanted. I always remember how big it looked! :) -- Amanda

Sendy said...

Hey Amanda! Thanks!
We weren't roommates till the semester that we actually got married. Rebecca was the suspicious one - she saw the "secret" brides magazines I had stashed. Ha! ;) I tried to play it off, but I don't think she believed me.