Sunday, January 10

How this Clover Began

It's 2010. What a year! I'm turning 30 and about to celebrate my 10th anniversary with my husband. This is so exciting! It has been an amazing journey with him.

I remember the first time I met him (well, this is actually debatable - he says we met before this but I don't remember what he does). That's funny. But the first time I'm remembering was in a caffeteria. We were both freshman, about to begin our first year at college. Both of our parents had brought us to school and his had gone on home. One Sunday morning, my parents and I were eating breakfast just before going to worship. A friend of mine was there with us and Jeff walked in. It turned out that he was my friend's roommate. When Jeff walked in, we called him over to sit with us and that is the beginning of our story. We found out through conversations at that table that our mothers were very good friends in high-school.

The following week, we spent quite an amount of time getting to know one another and developing a good friendship. Day after day I looked forward to seeing him and hanging out in the computer rooms together with him. We already had a great past through our mothers and I was hoping that we might have a great future together, be it friendly or otherwise.
Fairly soon, our schedules began going in different directions and our groups of friends were in different zones as well. For most of the semester, we didn't really see each other.
Christmas break came and everyone went home. During those three weeks, my thoughts went back to this young man over and over again. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to see him. I had to find him.
The first day back at chapel I was talking with some friends and then I heard my name. I looked up and my heart jumped. I saw him. He had seen me from across the auditorium and yelled out my name. He ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug I had ever had, I can still feel the flutters in my heart today that I felt then. It was amazing. Each day got better. I had no idea what was about to come.

3 comments:

Holly Moulder said...

So romantic! :) I'm glad we got to share life with you guys at OC.

Rebecca said...

I never knew how you met. What a sweet story :)

Tereasa said...

Sendy, I didn't know you were posting these stories! For some reason, your posts haven't shown in my blog roll! I'll have to come back and read the rest.