Friday, August 17

School Dayz! and the Zzzz...

Well, this week has been quite busy! We've been working on our new routine and getting settled into that. We've got some getting used to this one! Then in a few months, it will all be changed again with the baby coming! The first day of school was good. Jonathan was both excited and nervous - the nervous that I think everyone has before their first day of something. He went shining though. In the picture in the previous post, he was just waiting to get in the car. When I saw how it turned out, it meant so much more than just waiting to me. It was our son looking to the future! A new chapter had begun. When he came home on Wednesday, we sat in the kitchen and had a snack, talking about his day. It was great and a tradition that I hope we've started. Yesterday morning was a little more difficult. We've got to work on our Wednesday night schedule. The kids went to bed late and Jo didn't want to get up! He actually said, "I need more time to wake up!" He has never said that! What a change! When we picked him up, his teacher was very quick to say that he is doing great and is a model student. We are so proud of him! This morning went a little more smoothly than yesterday, but the wake up times are definitely more difficult on us all! We will get better at it. We are so thankful that it is Friday and we have the weekend to rest (well sort of) and we can celebrate making it through the first week of school!
Adie and I are just about to walk out the door to go register Jo for soccer! That will be some fun stories coming up at the end of August (I think that is when it starts)! I've been super tired at night this week and just haven't had the time to get on and write about all I've had on the mind, but hopefully tonight or maybe tomorrow. I was asleep by 9:15 last night! Whew!
Until next time!...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad that his first week went well. I'm not surprised that he is a model student, he is so polite and helpful. Ya'll have done a great job with him. I'm sorry you've been so tired, maybe your body will adjust soon to the new schedule. Wednesday nights are hard on us too.